We have 224 guests and no members online

Timeline 1601 to 1700

 

 

 

Century 17 - redecoration of the church, particularly with ashlar placing tiles in the nave and chancel, the balustrade.


Century 17 - Under the guidance of the Earl of Soure result of alteration and extension works in the Royal Palace.
Century 17 - The writer António Coelho Vasco describes the fountain in front of the Royal Palace of Vila.
1601 - Renting Property Monserrate a noble family Mello and Castro, in Goa, administering it by attorneys who rent the property and later also acquired the direct control of the building built there.
1610 - Realization of murals on the exterior of the chapel of the Dead Lord Capuchin Convent.
1605 - Convento do Carmo-Philip II grant the usufruct of a rising mountain passing by the fence conventual, using these waters also the friars of the Capuchin Convent).
1605 - The Spanish chronicler of the Order of Saint Jerome, Father Joseph de Siguenza, says the Monastery of Our Lady of Pena has three bodies and is staggered throughout freestone well carved.
1606 - By deed of 11 December 1606 acquired Camara for the price of 80 reis, some houses on the site where the chain that owned Jerónimo de Mello and his wife D. Izabel Oliveira.
1612 - Convento do Carmo - Bishop of Viseu and Guarda Leiria, D. Dinis de Melo e Castro, gets the patronage of the main chapel of the convent church, tile lining the chapel of St. Peter.
1612, August 23 - D. Dinis de Melo e Castro ensuring for himself and his heirs the patronage of the chapel of the Carmo Convent.
1614, January 30 - António Rodrigues da Rocha Coelho and his wife Leonor constitute patron of the chapel of Santa Ana in the Carmo Convent, being buried in the nave.
1614, May 7 - the date of the grave Brites Vaz, patron of the chapel of Santa Luzia in the Carmo Convent.
1614, February 1 - Die Domingos Jorge cleric who was Mass in the church of Santa Maria.
1615, February - Dies Leonor Francisca who bought the cave for himself and his heirs in the church of Santa Maria.
Century 17 1st half - campaign almost total rebuilding of the Carmelite convent, dating this intervention the chapel and cloisters, promoted by Bishop Dinis de Melo e Castro.
1620 - D. Dinis de Melo e Castro, a descendant of the Counts of Monsanto, a native of Sterling, successively Bishop of Leiria (1627), Viseu (1636) and Guardian (1638), the Board of Sterling gets the domain of the ruined castle of the village and there to build a villa like Italianate, with gardens populated by statues and decorations to cool, etc..
1620 - The Prior of the Monastery requires the Crown to send money to repair the houses, hostels, and fountains in the Convento da Penha Longa.
1623 - The investment of resources D. Dinis de Melo e Castro in the region is reflected in the founding of the Church of Mercy Colares, near your property.
1625, May 9 - appointment of Luis Fernandes as a carpenter's Royal Palace.
1627, December 1 - the date inscribed on a plaque in the lobby of the Convento da Penha Longa marking the height reached by the waters of a flood that damaged, affecting mostly the dependencies and convents around and caused some damage inside.
1628 - D. Dinis de Melo e Castro comes to the appointment of Matthias Christopher as proxy for what concerned the assets of Sterling, while I had to stay in their bishoprics.
1629 - Monks return to claim the crown helps to repair the damage in the Convent of Penha Longa.
1636, November 2 - Caravela Santa Catarina de Ribamar sank near the Praia das Macas.
1638 - Date grave of Manuel de Melo e Castro and D. Beatriz at Convento do Carmo.
1638 - Date of registration of the tiles that existed in front of the altar of the Chapel of St. Saturninus, saying the officers of Our Lady of Oliveira Guimarães sent to work.
1639 - Death of D. Dinis de Melo e Castro, in Lisbon.
1640, December 25 - death of D. Dinis de Melo e Castro, was buried in the church of Carmo Convent.
1640, after - the diocesan authority of the post-Restoration abolished the Collegiate Church of Santa Maria; execution of a bell for the tower and coating the interior with carpet tile.
1638/1651 - D. Francisco Castro, Inquisitor General and grandson of D. João de Castro, performs great improvements on the property at Quinta da Penha Verde, which include the construction of chapels of St. Peter and St. John the Baptist, St. Blaise and the hermitage of Santa Catarina (1638).
1641 - Data entered in cruise churchyard of the Chapel of Santa Catarina in the Quinta da Penha Verde.
1650 - Commissioning of the road in March, marking the way to the Capuchin Convent.
1651 - Construction of the source of birdies or Corvo in Quinta da Penha Verde.
1652 - From the Fountain of medieval origin Sabuga is famous for its medicinal waters, is visited by Queen Luisa de Gusmao, being at the time the target of works by order of the House.
1652 - On a visit to the town of Sintra, Queen Luísa de Gusmão along with Prince D. Theodosius travels to St. Michael's Church to admire a "holy cross" that there was.
1652 - The source of Pisões already existed, having been the subject of works by order of the Board, with a view to entry and Royal visit to Sintra then performed by Queen Luisa de Gusmao.
1654, October - D. John IV visit the town of Sintra and the Capuchin Convent and orders Warehouse Cascais hoods were granted to six dozen fished dry and cations, as well as all the fish needed for the feast of St. Francis, D. Luisa de Gusmao, is at the mercy of a Moio wheat and a bushel of wax plowed every year.
17th century, second half - D. Pedro II redoubles the gift that had been given by D. Luisa de Gusmao.
1655 - Petition to overturn a corral cows Bras Gonçalves did in front of the Chapel of San Lazaro.
1655 - According to the files of the Fifth Boiça owners of Quinta dos Pisões were D. José Leite de Aguiar and D. Sebastiana de Meneses.
1654 - The Fountain of Sabuga is visited by D. John IV, during his visit to Sintra.
1658 - Maria Craveira sells Jorge Dias Brandão ownership of Ramalhão.
1673 - The image of Our Lady was in the second chapel Peninha but a storm or earthquake ruined it.
1674/1683 - D. Alfonso VI remains captive in the Palace of Sintra.
1680 - António de Sousa acquires the Ramalhão Thursday.
1683 - After 9 years of captivity in a room of the Royal Palace dies D. Alfonso VI.
1690 - The Skinny - Pedro Conceição, flowerbed, then aged 28, built the chapel that exists today, with donations and help from D. Pedro II.
1697 - José Leite purchase the lands of the fifth (Regaleira) for his niece.
1681 - The fifth Quinta da Penha Verde belongs to D. Mariana de Noronha and Castro.
1683/1706 - During the reign of King Pedro II the paintings were renewed ceilings of some rooms, including the coats of the Royal Palace.
1684 - It's buried in the ordinance D. Maria de Noronha, widow of D. Alvaro de Castro, 3rd patron of the Capuchin Convent.
1686 - He is buried in the grave in the Sacristy of the prior Pedro Salinas Well in the church of Santa Maria.
1689, Nov. - stemmed from Trinity convent in great works of reconstruction, and requested the appointment of a mamposteiro for the Church of Santa Maria, to collect alms for the construction of the convent.
1690 - Date of the body with domed terrace, which seems to attest to the continuation of the works by the heirs of D. Dinis Colares.
1699, May 13 born in Lisbon, Sebastião José de Carvalho e Melo, Marquis of Pombal and Count of Oeiras. Powerful minister of King Joseph I of Portugal, his name is forever linked to the murky process of Távoras and reconstruction of Sintra and Lisbon after the 1755 earthquake. He died on May 8, 1782.
1700, about - replacing the altarpiece of the Church of Mercy by another carved Baroque, giving the primitive to the Mercy of Colares.
Century 17, the last quarter - D. Pedro II promotes some charities and repairs of the inns in the area, keeping the royal arms and two armillary spheres decorating the door Convento da Penha Longa.